Deploying the IoT in telecom industry changing the dynamics in communication between humans and devices. To offer better user interface telecom revolutionizing operations, services, supply chain, inventory, and network fragmentations. The IoT driving digital transformation and innovation in telecom through its applications. GSMA stated that the early deployment of power wide area networks integrated with IoT is expected to rise 1.8 trillion dollars by 2026.
Where it started? IoT became a part of the telecom industry with the first introduction of dial-up internet by Sprint. The key players in today’s market AT&T, Vodafone, Verizon are ruling with the use and support of dial-up since 1992. The telecom industry is one of the vast and fragmented businesses. It is estimated that every year to deploy IoT, the businesses are spending millions. In 2018, $169.5 million has been spent and the expenditure is increasing gradually since then. And these over costs are mainly spent on- product monitoring, customer monitoring, premises monitoring, and supply chain monitoring.
IoT defines virtual connections between heterogeneous devices connected through the same internetwork. By enabling more connections from one device to another, it enables transparency, security, and safety in communication, data transferring and storing, which acts as the main function of the system. Virtually built networks in smartphones can connect to other devices within the same network range for sharing and casting information is an example of an IoT integrated telecom device. The connectivity layer in IoT is a telecom network, which indicates IoT as a part of the telecommunications environment.
Distinct ways IoT is leveraged by Telecommunication
1. The telecom integrated IoT services help in advancing connections with apps that the customer uses on mobile phones, tablets, and digital screens for the better user interface.
2. IoT helps telecom in track & tracing information regarding products and services provided to consumers. Based on this information the telecom industries can detect the network issues and any difficulties in providing better services for better communication.
3. The telecom companies can conduct the performance evaluation of products after deployment by collecting data through pre-integrated IoT sensors.
4. Real-time equipment monitoring. Through IoT sensors, telecom operators can digitally monitor the performance level of devices installed at various workplaces like- workstations, warehouses, factories, and network towers.
5. IoT, by pulling large volumes of digitally transferred data, helps in building better predictive analytical models, which provide an advantage in generating data analytics to derive desired outputs.
6. By allowing IoT enabled blockchain systems in communication, the telecom can perform better machine to machine conversations, through a lower power wide area network.
7. Cellular network-connected devices can be used for providing better location-based services through proximity sensors in the devices connected to mobile networks.
8. Usage of 5G in the mobiles (LTE-V) can help an autonomous car to communicate with other autonomous cars in its range through IoT enabled sensor fusions.
9. IoT powered cameras and beacons in the worksite can provide more physical security
IoT opportunities for new business avenues in Telecom
The digital transformation in the telecom industry evolved and transformed the industry infrastructure, operations, and retail by opening wide new applications in industries like construction and insurance. The changing telecom environment is gradually pulling at least one aspect of every industry into its ecosystem.
Smart homes- A few players in the telecom industry are already acquiring new business values in the smart homes sector. A smart home defines a fully automated intelligent system integrated with other technologies to connect various home appliances and the contrary over the top (OTT) networks for better communication and smart functioning. The evolution of telecom from broadband to a highly intelligent platform played a vital part in the smart home inauguration. IoT enabled network enables connections between various heterogeneous devices. The driven insights helped in the evolution of new smart home technologies like house automation, home cloud storage, and e-health services.
Any telecom company, before opting for an IoT based system, should adapt and reframe its infrastructure so that the internal systems are compatible with IoT integrated blockchain and big data systems in collecting, summarizing, and analyzing the data to gain advantages that are mentioned in the article. The telecom industry is gaining growth at a rapid phase with the development and implementation of new generation networks and advanced systems. Making and integrating IoT into its ecosystem will enable users to take advantage of these evolving network technologies like LTE-V, Home cloud, Smart Homes, etc, to monitor and control services before and after-sales, thereby driving optimized growth and more revenues.