Video Conferencing with AI is becoming a key innovation in the communication sector. The video conference market is potentially growing, and it is expected to reach a CAGR of 9.9% from 2020 to 2027. Since the demand for Video conferencing is booming, the video-enabled communications channel is quickly becoming a key component for maximizing productivity. And the video-based communication tools are the second most widely used digital communication channel.
Traditional video conferencing is gradually becoming a thing of the past. As the world is shutting the doors because of global medical emergencies like COVID-19, video conference tools are widely used by businesses, governments, and the public. Businesses are aggressively leveraging this application to communicate with clients, marketers, and employees. The days where video conferencing was only used in large boardrooms for formal presentations and meetings are quickly becoming commonplace for collaborations during promoting remote work.
Exploring Video Conferencing Capabilities With AI
Organizations leveraging AI-powered tools are optimizing existing operations and helping businesses in staying ahead of others. Digital transformation is shifting how businesses operate time-consuming collaboration tasks. And its advancements can improve the user experience while collaborating through virtual communication channels. AI-powered video conferencing tool enhances employee engagement and support workflows as follows:
- 1. Identify the best time for meetings for all attendees based on their radical personalization.
- 2. Enriching web-based meetings with automated AI-based API synchronization.
- 3. Checking network connections in prior and suggestions for enhancing user experience.
- 4. Auto-generated personalized notes for every attendee, etc.
Integrating AI with other data science technologies (computer vision, natural language processing, data analytics, and visualization technologies) are transforming generalized meetings into smart meetings. The below listed are a few ways about AI enhancing video conferencing tools.
1. NLP in action:
Video conferencing systems are notoriously poor at presenting the rich language of nonverbal communication. Integrating NLP tools will enable more advanced applications that enhance video conferencing user experience by enabling text-based solutions. Below mentioned are distinct ways of AI-combined NLP tools improvising user interfaces:
- 1. Translating conversations into distinct languages.
- 2. Automated report generation (brief note on key points to focus, personalizing reports according to the individual attendee like assigning tasks and sharing actions.)
- 3. Virtual voice-based assistants to function on command.
- 4. Auto muting all the attendees, when one attendee is presenting, adjusting audio quality, turning off background voice, are key enhancements of AI-powered NLP tools.
2. AI-driven insights:
AI significantly enhances the video conferencing by easy management of the meeting, including efficiently automating the post-meeting updates. AI integrated video conference meetings will able to manage regular meetings more efficiently by automating simple tasks like:
- 1. Scheduling and rescheduling calls.
- 2. Sending important reminders.
- 3. Suggest relevant documents in prior.
- 4. Suggest micro-changes while presenting or attending a video conference.
- 5. Notifying attendees about the changes in pre-scheduled meetings.
3. Computer vision for utmost video experience:
Enhancing visual experience to create interactive meetings is only possible through computer vision and intelligent video conferencing tools. For instance, Computer Vision integrated with AI can drive real-time modifications and enhance the video quality by automatically detecting visual issues, network issues, and optimize light balance to enrich video quality. Here are a few ways to describe Computer Vision in delivering exceptional user experience.
- 1. Track and tag participants individually.
- 2. Improvising the attendee background environment to improve user experience.
- 3. Allowing a webcam or phone camera to frame all the participants.
- 4. Auto brightening, widening camera angles, participant focused, video alignment is a few advanced enhancements of computer vision.
4. Machine learning to embrace trust and privacy:
AI, at the bottom line, promises the security and privacy of the participants. It is a known fact that while attendees are taking part in a group call, most of the participants face trust issues in communicating confidential information, which they communicate with ease during face-to-face interactions. Machine learning-based anomaly detection applications can detect network or web breaches to secure vital information communicated during a conference.
As discussed in this article, AI is a powerful, reliable, and strategic resource for video conferencing. The AI-powered video conferencing tools are resilient and they can adopt new technological changes according to the industry requirements. Most of the professionals across the world mentioned that using AI-based video communication tools and systems in meetings and live chats are more useful than traditional ones.
If you resonate with our article, please share your thoughts with us.
If you need any help with idea validation, proof-of-concept, Data Science consulting, large scale AI implementation, Big Data Engineering, or a creative solution for your Video Conferencing Platform. You are at the right place.
Talk to our experts